The Addiction Treatment Admissions Process
- Call our Addiction Treatment Admissions Helpline – Whether you are calling for a loved one or for yourself, we are here to help. Call us at 1-888-712-8480 and speak directly with one of our Intake Specialists. They are available 24/7 days a week to assist you.
- Complete a Pre-Admission intake evaluation by phone
- We will work directly with your Insurance Provider – Our Intake Specialists will ask for your insurance information and permission to contact your provider to arrange for payment.
- We will need patient’s: name, address, phone number, social security number and date of birth
- Health Insurance Provider’s: name, Subscriber I.D. Number, Policy Number and phone number.
*Please notify us if you do not have insurance and wish to self-pay*
What to Bring to Our Palm Beach Treatment Center
- List and phone numbers of current treatment providers, including counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists and family doctor.
Records from recent detox program(s).
Current health insurance card and pharmacy benefit card with corresponding contact information.
- All Medical records, especially those pertaining to your drug and alcohol dependency history.
Driver’s license, passport or photo I.D.
List of medications, dosages and a 30 day supply of all medications in their original bottles.
Names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone else you would like to have involved in your treatment process.
- A credit card, cashier’s check or personal check for the full admission fee per our agreement.
- $100 for your medical expense account. You can pay with check, cash or credit card. Any money not used will be returned via check shortly after your treatment is complete.
FAQs About Treatment Admissions
We understand that treatment for alcoholism and drug addiction can be a stressful time for you and your loved ones. Below are some commonly asked questions.
If you need any further information please feel free to call us at 888-712-8480.
No we are not and though it is not required to attend our Intensive Outpatient Program. We are proud providers of a continuum of care.
A Continuum of Care is different components that make a whole. Our Sister Agencies are as follows:
All About Recovery Intensive Outpatient Programs – Providing the Clinically Driven Therapy.
All-Around Wellness – Our Physicians Group, Psychiatry and Medical Doctor.
Sober Transport – Provides full transportation for all 3 Programs.
AAR Recovery Residences – That provide fully staffed structured housing.
For Questions Specific to the AAR Recovery Residences which is a (FARR) Florida Association of Recovery Residences Certified Level III please follow.
All About Recovery is located in the Western Palm Beach County, just 25 minutes west of Palm Beach International Airport. It is in close proximity to several hotels, hospitals, restaurants and shopping areas. Families coming to visit will be able to get to us easily as we are just 10 minutes from the Florida Turnpike.
Our program’s length is clinically driven and will vary case to case. We have found the longer your treatment is the more likely you become to stay drug- and alcohol-free.
Yes and its free our goal is to help individuals stay clean and sober for the rest of their lives, one day at a time. We provide an Aftercare group once per week, as well as monthly alumni meetings.
To best help your loved ones we suggest being supportive and upbeat about their treatment. Attend support groups, such as Al-anon, Nar-anon, all of which can teach loved ones about the disease of addiction and how to best support recovery. Avoid arguments and disagreements with your loved one and follow suggestions made by your primary counselor or our family therapist.
No, upon admission to our facility, you will review and sign the client handbook. Violation of these policies can result in therapeutic discharge from the program. It is our goal to ensure that clients complete the program and stay clean and sober for the rest of their lives, but unfortunately, disorderly conduct and behavior can disrupt the healthy dynamic of the treatment community and may result in untimely discharge.
We are committed to providing all of our residents and their families the best possible care while protecting client information and confidentiality.